Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nieces and Nephews


So I had a busy, busy week. My sister with her two kids in tow (and my mom as well) came to visit me for an entire week! I hadn't seen my nephew since his birth at the end of June, so it was good to get some bonding time in with him. It also afforded me the first opportunity to get my two neices together. It was hard to tell which one was bossing the other around, two three year old princesses used to being the center of attention!

The week was fun, but I think exhausting for everyone and I know they were glad to get back home and see their Daddy and Geoff and I enjoyed having our home to ourselves for a little while as well.

After the week-long visit, we all went together to Samford's Homecoming weekend. There were A Cappella concerts and Kate Campbell concerts and it was a busy blast! I also did my part by serving as part of a panel of speakers for the English Department, talking to English Majors about how I use my English Degree in my daily work in the investment and insurance arena. A bit of a stretch, but hey - I speak and write in English, so it works, right?
Anyway, on the homefront, we've officially started the injectible treatments so hopefully it's only a matter of time before all the above nieces and nephews (plus Stone who is allergic to my whole house and couldn't visit us) have a cousin (or two) to join them. I'm tired of taking pills and soon to be tired of sticking myself with needles. I'm tired of feeling nauseous 24/7 and I'm just generally tired. But if it pays off, it will all be worth it.

1 comment:

kathylovemeyer said...

Always enjoy reading your blog and how you are doing. Love u, auntkathylove