Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Registries/Gift Ideas

Just FYI for anyone wondering, I spent about an hour going through my registries tonight updating everything. Here's the deal -
The real (or complete) registry is the one at Target. I put everything I could think of on that registry and then some. I found it to be much easier to register with Target both in-store and online, and they had almost everything that I needed.
The one thing that is ESSENTIAL on my Babies R Us registry is my travel system, which Geoff and I painstakingly have hunted for over the last year or so, and we are really excited about the one we chose. There was no comparable system available through target, so I had to create the Babies R Us registry. I found a few cute things there, but you can definitely tell that's a much shorter list.
As far as diapers and wipes go, I've heard Huggies are best for boys, but since I don't have to worry about that, I feel comfortable saying buy anything and buy multiple sizes. We have a 112 pack of size 1 diapers so far I believe. As far as wipes, same thing as diapers. I haven't started collecting these things, so anything that works will do.
Also, if it's not on my registry and it's a major thing you think I've omitted, I probably already have it. I have an indoor swing, a crib, a changing table, a rocker, a mattress, a breast pump, a boppy, a bumbo seat, a high chair, etc. I have people already committed to giving me a video camera (HOORAY!), and an outdoor swing (YEAH!). I couldn't find a way to register for baby books, but I would love some of the classics like the Boynton books and Goodnight moon. Actually, I've found Walmart has a good selection of these hard baby books, and wouldn't turn down some soft baby books as well.
If anyone is wondering if I would be happy with hand-me-downs, note that most of what I have purchased thus far is consignment, so I'd be thrilled to receive anything that might be helpful.
I will be doing one last update of both registries somewhere around Memorial Day in order to make sure that I've cleared items that are no longer available and registered for clothing that's in stock/in season at the time of my first shower. Happy gifting! :)

No comments: