In about an hour and a half we will be on our way to the hospital to see if we can get this baby to do a flip. I've heard good things about our hospital's and my doctor's success rates with this procedure and feel good about the decision to give it a try. Here's a bleary-eyed 38 week picture just in case it's the last preggy pic I can take. I feel like I am looking smaller, but think that's because of her breech position. I am hoping for the best outcome today, but Geoff and I both admitted yesterday that this pregnancy has been all about the exceptions to the rule or murphy's law or something. It has been a real doozie! (But I wouldn't trade this little life for all the world!)
I can't remember what I've blogged about and what I haven't, but basically, we are currently dealing with high blood pressure issues which have caused me to need additional medication that now means the baby cannot be carried past 39 weeks, which according to the cycle way of dating things is Saturday 8/22. (On my blog I have been counting according to conception since the procedure we had makes it simple to pinpoint exactly when that occured. The difference is only 4 or 5 days, so no big deal). At any rate, in the midst of the blood pressure stuff, Claire sommersaulted into a butt-first position making a c-section inevitable unless we can turn her.
So we're going to try that this morning and hope none of the crazy things that can happen will happen. She could refuse to turn, she could get the cord wrapped somewhere, she could just sort of freak out (what doc's refer to as be "in distress"), or my placenta could try and separate, or my water could break. If any of these occur today (besides her refusing to turn), they will send me to a c-section today. If she refuses to turn, we'll schedule a c-section for the end of next week, and if she does turn, we'll schedule an induction for the end of next week and I'll remain on bed rest until she comes.
I'm having this procedure done under an epidural and therefore haven't had anything to eat or drink since last night and I'm going to have to distract myself for the next hour or so before we head to the hospital because I'm very very thirsty.
Well that's enough excitement for one morning. Will post results soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment