Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting Back in the Swing

God bless week six, when the new mom starts to get used to waking every three hours and producing an endless supply of nourishment and care to her little one!
Seriously, though, after a little more help from Nani, I got the encouragement I needed to start to handle the day in day out of being a mom. There are still moments, of course, but I feel like I'm getting there.
Okay, so I know today marks six weeks and I have something extra-special planned for our weekly photo, but you'll have to wait for it. I managed a trip to the grocery store and a brief visit by my office this morning and the little one is tuckered out so I'm not going to make her change clothes and sit for a photo. However, I have taken some pictures this week and can go ahead and share them now...Touchdown Auburn! You can't really see this little outfit, but I made it for her and even put her initials on it before I even knew whether or not we were having a girl.
Geoff's cousin Nancy sent us a fun package full of sweet things for our little girl, including this dress (Geoff says she looks like a porcelain doll in this picture) and the blanket she's laying on. We have received so many precious things for her to wear, to be wrapped in and to play with and couldn't be more grateful for the friends and family who have showered us and her with love and gifts.

No comments: