Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend and Beyond

I'm still waiting on my replacement memory card converter so that I can pull pictures and videos off of my phone. I have a great video I'm dying to share of Claire laughing her head off about the word "spoon." Hoping to share it soon, but until then, enjoy these few photos from the weekend and beyond. Saturday morning we took Mimi (Geoff's mom) to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Claire decided to help with the Steve Speakman for District Judge campaign, since he was kind enough to remember to give Geoff a t-shirt in her size.
Geoff's been wanting to show off our Amaryllises, which we planted over by the stop sign/water post at the corner of our yard with the help of my friend Rosemary's oldest son. This was a great way to get rid of a tricky mowing spot and create a beautiful corner garden spot.
Sunday afternoon, courtesy of a drunk or sleeping driver, we were replacing our mailbox. Since we were in the front yard, I got out the expandable playpen. Claire liked being in it and shortly after I took this picture, Katie (one-year-old from next door) came and played in it as well. It was a fun afternoon for the girls.
We rounded off the weekend and jumpstarted into the week with a Monday morning walk with the Vaughan boys and their sweet mama. For a stay at home mom who can sometimes feel a little lonely, a walk in the park with a friend and her boys is just what the doctor orders!

2 comments:

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

those pics sure make it look like a lot of fun!

kathylovemeyer said...

Always luv ur pics and post of how life is going on w/yall:)