For my birthday which is tomorrow, mom and I continued our tradition of checking out a new Cirque du Soleil show. This year we saw Kooza in Atlanta. We also spent some time shopping for maternity clothes and I am so excited about all that we were able to get!When we came back to my house, mom spent a few days helping me pull together my nursery. I've been working some on my own for a bit as well, and I'm dying to show everyone how cute it is turning out! For some reason, my digital camera was totally out of battery power, so I had to settle for pictures from my phone. I'll update the pictures in a few days with better ones from the digital camera.
So from the doorway, the picture to the right is the view into the nursery. Above the bed is the verse "Every good and perfect gift comes from above." Our "theme" if you will, is mint chocolate chip ice cream. We needed an accent color to go with the green and white nursery rhyme toile print that I chose about a year ago.I kept thinking I'd just use pink or blue when I found out the sex of the baby, but the brown is great! Note that the wall hangings (nursery rhyme prints) are all in blue. However, I have the exact same prints in pink in the closet. So we're ready whether it's Martha Claire or Will Everett. I put the blue up first, though, because I know how much Geoff is hoping for a boy.

So above you have the changing area and the reading nook. We're still going to have to work on covering the rocker, but I found some fabric that I already had that's a good washable neutral. Add some brown piping and we're in business!
And finally - for the main event! This beautiful crib turned out so much better than I dreamed! I can literally sit all day in there and just stare at all the beautiful things and just wait and wait for this baby to come!
2 comments:
Love it! It's so beautiful and warm and yummy! And peaceful! Love the crib area too and all of it's great! thanks for sharing!
Oh, Meri, it is so beautiful! I luv the verse on the wall. So looks like all you need now is baby:) Keep enjoying this special time.
Post a Comment