Wednesday, February 25, 2009

14 Weeks and Counting...

It's officially the 2nd trimester and I've decided it is time to start posting belly pics. My friend did this and it was fun to go back when her baby turned a year old and look at the pictures from when he was growing inside her. Per her suggestion, for the second trimester I'm going to take pictures every 4 weeks; when we hit the third trimester I'll start posting every 2 weeks.
Geoff took this photo of me this morning at 14 weeks 1 day. I thought, Geez, I don't look pregnant, just fat, but I don't usually feel that way in person. In fact, people have more often noticed lately that I've lost weight rather than gained it. I thought the lighting in the room was good, but this didn't turn out that great on color and brightness. Oh well, you get the idea.
My friend actually exposed her belly for the pictures, something you won't get to see here because my belly looks like I'm suffering abuse. There is no end in sight on the heparin injections unfortunately, as the bloodwork at 14 weeks still indicates that they are needed to supply the baby with high-quality oxygenated blood. I was bummed about this (my stomach skin is getting so tough from 2 shots a day for the past 12 weeks) but of course I'd do anything for this baby.
Anyway, I'll close the post with what I thought was a sweet story. One of my biggest fears about being pregnant was that Geoff had actually said to me that he wasn't sure he'd be able to find me attractive when I was pregnant. (I know, harsh!) Well, the other day I caught him staring at my belly and said, why are you staring at my belly? He said, I don't know, it's kind of cute. I thought I would just melt it made me feel so comforted. So score one for my husband, it appears that though he's never found a pregnant woman attractive before, the problem is remedied due to the fact that he's married to one. :)

3 comments:

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

you are so cute! wish I could see more of you in this pregnant time. and I'm not too surprised about the Geoff thing. Jason likes me preggers too? don't know what that is. wait till he can feel the baby move too. then you'll really find him entranced by your ever growing belly.

kathylovemeyer said...

Such a sweet pic (of you both)...you really do look great:) love u, auntkathylove

Alyson Roth said...

Oh my goodness, Mer! You are the skinniest pregnant woman I've ever seen! Look at your arms, legs, and face... they are so skinny!! You're obviously pregnant, but you have lost a lot of weight from when I remember! You are glowing and look extremely happy. So excited for you!