Well, we had our doctor's appointment yesterday at 13 weeks, 2 days. Just a few more days and I will be officially in my 2nd trimester! We heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time which was cool. No, for those asking, I have no idea what the heartrate was; I didn't think to ask. I was just told it was really strong and clear (it sounded like it to me!) and that the baby sounded like he or she was ready to jump right out of my womb.
The jury is still out on whether or not I am done with shots. I had bloodwork drawn and the nurse will call me Monday to tell me a, if I can stop the Heparin injections, and b, if I need to start back on the progesterone shots. I am praying that we're done with both.
The heartbeat was the coolest part of the appointment. We also went over some things I"m dealing with, mainly asthma, which is a new/old thing since I haven't had it since childhood. I seem to have the nighttime coughing variety which we are trying to combat with an inhaler before bed. Just started this, so we'll see how it works. The other issue is that I continue to lose weight at about a pound a week. Now, I've been really sick with a cold for the last three weeks, but I also am having trouble eating. Doctor's suggestion is to eat high calorie healthy peanut butter. I'm trying, but I'm really not at all hungry for anything at all.
And for those who keep asking, Thursday, March 19th we will find out whether we are having a boy or girl. So if you haven't voted yet on my blog poll, you need to do it before the 19th when I post. :)
1 comment:
Noticed the votes for boy or winning out over girl... but I still think it is a girl... still don't know why!
love you,
mom
Post a Comment