Seven Months went by and I didn't even post or take a picture for the website! Shame on me!
To my credit, we did go and have family photos and her portraits made professionally just before that milestone hit. Unfortunately for my blog-only followers, I won't be able to post those pictures here since they were done by Olan Mills. But if you want to see them, send me an email and I will send you a link to view them online. They turned out great!
Seven Month Milestones:
Claire is certainly on the move. She can get where she wants to when she wants to, although crawling still is mostly done with tummy touching the floor and if there is anyone (or anyTHING) around that she can pull up on to walk, she will fuss and wail until she gets help walking. She would much rather walk than crawl and she will let you know it. She is actually a good stander (good balance), and can stand on her own already for a bit, and can easily do this if she has something to hold onto.
She loves to pat things. One afternoon I showed her how to pat her knee and she liked that so much she started patting every surface to see what it sounds like. She will pat her knee if I play the guitar as well, which is pretty cute. She likes for me to play the guitar and sing to her, and she likes to play the piano (both her toy one and my real one), but so far the guitar appears to be her instrument of choice (yes, I let her play it too). Her love of patting things has now extended to taking two objects and smacking them together to see what they sound like, but she won't clap her hands unassisted yet.
Claire will say "hey," but we're not 100% sure it's intentional. She went through about a week long phase where she would say "hey" to Geoff when he came home from work and would say "hey" when we said "hey" to her, but she's not really talking much at all right now, so it's hard to know if that was just a sound or if she knew what she was doing. We tend to think it was intentional, and since she seems to be focused on moving right now, she's neglecting speech for a little while to work on movement.
No teeth in sight yet, though she sure is cranky and we keep hoping that means teeth. Not that we're anxious for her to have teeth, but that we're anxious for the crankiness to stop.
One of her favorite things right now is to sit in the desk chair and for me to spin her around. She also likes me to hold her hands and feet and swing her - although Geoff is worried this is dangerous. (I know Geoff telling me I'm doing something dangerous is funny to everyone who knows us both).
She's still eating very well - three meals a day and nursing five times a day, and until the other night, she was still sleeping her 11 hour nights. She's going through a little separation anxiety, teething, and/or crawling practice in her crib and the past few nights have gotten pretty rough as far as sleeping goes (she's waking at least EVERY hour - and no I am not exaggerating)!
I'm sure there is more to it than just that, but I think that probably hits the highlights of what life is like with our seven month old for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment